ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 is an international certification standard that helps companies commit to and demonstrate the improvement of their environmental performance. It maps out a framework that a company or organization can follow to create an effective environmental management system.
Who can be ISO certified
Designed for any type of organization, regardless of its activity or industry, it can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
The main advantages resulting from the acquisition of ISO certification for Environmental Management System are the following:
- Reducing costs, from better management of raw materials, saving energy, and avoiding legal appeals.
- Reinforcement of corporate identity.
- Improved risk management, which may be costly or damaging to the company’s reputation.
- Strengthening the reliability and competitiveness of the company.
- Enhancing customer satisfaction, who are aware and demand businesses to reduce their environmental impact.
ISO 14001 Core elements
The “Environmental Management Systems” certification includes the following 6 elements:
- Environmental Policy
- Study & Correct
- Management Review
- Continuous Improvement